xMaintenance 2 years ago by admin
We are currently in the process of updating our website. A lot of information needed to be updated so if you would like to make an enquiry please call us or send us an e-mail.Thanks, Got it.
xCovid 2 years ago by admin
Covid 19 - We are here to help
In accordance with Government advice, everyone in our business is working from home and our office will be closed to visitors.
However, we will continue to provide legal services on a “business as usual” basis by our key staff working remotely from home.

Need to contact one of us directly? Contact
Asghar Khan on 07886806090 or akhan@aqarchers.co.uk and Muhammad Azeem on 07832338656 or azeem@aqarchers.co.uk
Should you need to get hold of any of us, please email or call, directly, the person (lawyer or legal executive) with whom you normally deal.
We will be very happy to arrange meetings by way of tele-conference or virtual meetings (Zoom or similar) as an alternative to face-to-face attendances, or simply have consultations by telephone call.
We will endeavour to provide ongoing updates on our website on relevant legal issues, as the situation develops.

Wishing you the very best of health in these very difficult times.Thanks, Got it.

9:30 - 05:30

Our Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.

020 7791 3223

Call Us For Free Consultation

020 8521 2605

Call Us For Free Consultation




Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa

AQ Archers > Immigration > Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa

Immigration Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa

The Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa allows international businesses to transfer existing workers from offices outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to work in their UK branch. The Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer (ICT) Visa scheme is only available to licensed UK sponsoring companies. As a London based immigration law firm, AQ Archers Solicitors regularly assist employers with gaining their Tier 2 Sponsorship license, allowing them to transfer workers from outside of the EEA to the UK. We also assist employees wishing to transfer to a UK branch of an international company. We aim to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible, ironing out any problems which we discover when reviewing your case.


What is the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa?

For employers

The Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa scheme provides licensed employers the ability to transfer existing non-EEA workers to the UK. To apply for a sponsorship license, your business will need to demonstrate it is able to meet the requirements of the Home Office, including keeping records of any non-EEA workers you interview and hire and reporting any problems to the Home Office. If successful, you will need to demonstrate ongoing compliance to retain the right to sponsor transferred workers.

For employees

The Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa allows existing employees of international businesses to move from a country outside of the EEA to work in a UK branch office. Only licensed employers can sponsor individuals under this scheme. Your dependant family members (i.e. your spouse and children under the age of 18) will also be able to join you in the UK.

There are two types of ICT:

  • Long-term Staff – for employees who have worked for the company for at least one year (or are being paid over £73,900 per year).
  • Graduate Trainee – for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles.

If your application is successful, the amount of time you can stay depends on the amount you are being paid and the type of ICT Visa, as follows:

  • Long-term Staff (earning over £120,000 a year): 9 years
  • Long-term Staff (earning less than £120,000 a year): five years and one month
  • Graduate Trainees: 12 months

You will be able to apply to extend your Visa before it expires, or if you have five years continuous residence in the UK, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence / Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).


Am I eligible for the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa?

In order to be eligible for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa as an employee, you need:

  • To be from outside of the EEA
  • To be sponsored by a licensed UK employer
  • To show you worked for the same company outside of the UK
  • A Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
  • To be paid the appropriate salary (currently £30,000 or the specific rate for your role -this amount is expected to decrease when the UK leaves the EU)
  • Personal savings of £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply (or proof that an A-rated sponsor will cover your costs for one month)
  • Evidence of your travel history over the last five years
  • Tuberculosis test results (if you are from a specified country)


Why should I engage AQ Archers to assist with my Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa application?

AQ Archers have considerable experience of helping employers and employees with the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa scheme. We have helped many employers to gain their license, and regain it if it is revoked as a result of an error or compliance problem. We have an in-depth understanding of the policies and procedures followed by the UK Home Office for work Visas and licenses, allowing us to quickly spot any possible areas of weakness in your application, and we will quickly advise you on the steps necessary to resolve them.

Our team are highly professional and take great care in their client’s immigration matters. You can be assured that by using our services, we will lift the burden of securing the necessary immigration clearance from your shoulders, allowing you to focus on your life, your family, and your work or business.


Can AQ Archers assist with the refusal of a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa?

AQ Archers have assisted many applicants who have had their Visa applications refused, to secure a positive decision. Because our team have an in-depth knowledge of the guidelines followed by Home Office case officers, we will focus in on the problem area/s, and recommend a plan of action to resolve the matter, whether this is in the form of a resubmitted application, appeal, Administrative Review, or a Judicial Review. In our experience, most adverse decisions are quickly overturned when we write to the Home Office to robustly challenge a decision made.


AQ Archers, based in London, can assist you with all aspects of obtaining ILR based on long residence for you and your family. To speak to one of our consultants, please call 020 8521 2605.

Our lawyers will also represent you in civil litigation cases such as divorce.