xMaintenance 2 years ago by admin
We are currently in the process of updating our website. A lot of information needed to be updated so if you would like to make an enquiry please call us or send us an e-mail.Thanks, Got it.
xCovid 2 years ago by admin
Covid 19 - We are here to help
In accordance with Government advice, everyone in our business is working from home and our office will be closed to visitors.
However, we will continue to provide legal services on a “business as usual” basis by our key staff working remotely from home.

Need to contact one of us directly? Contact
Asghar Khan on 07886806090 or akhan@aqarchers.co.uk and Muhammad Azeem on 07832338656 or azeem@aqarchers.co.uk
Should you need to get hold of any of us, please email or call, directly, the person (lawyer or legal executive) with whom you normally deal.
We will be very happy to arrange meetings by way of tele-conference or virtual meetings (Zoom or similar) as an alternative to face-to-face attendances, or simply have consultations by telephone call.
We will endeavour to provide ongoing updates on our website on relevant legal issues, as the situation develops.

Wishing you the very best of health in these very difficult times.Thanks, Got it.

9:30 - 05:30

Our Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.

020 7791 3223

Call Us For Free Consultation

020 8521 2605

Call Us For Free Consultation




Study Visas

AQ Archers > Study Visas

Immigration Study Visas

The UK is foremost in the world for the quality of the education it provides. It is home to many of the most prestigious universities in the world, including Eton College, Harrow School, Oxford University, Cambridge University, and Imperial College, to name only a few. A UK education can be the launching pad for a highly lucrative and successful international career.

As a London based immigration law firm, AQ Archers Solicitors regularly assist education providers and students with all matters relating to Study Visas. For education providers, the ability to sponsor students from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) through the Short-term Study Visa and Tier 4 (General Student) Visa schemes is essential. For international students, a Student Visa will allow you to enter, live, and study in the UK for the duration of your course.

Our aim is to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible, ironing out any problems which we discover when initially reviewing your case.


What are the types of UK study Visa?

There are three main categories of Study Visa in the UK, available to students from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), as follows:

Short-term Study Visa

The Short-term Study Visa is intended for students of 16 years or older from outside of the EEA wishing to come to the UK to study on a short course of six months in duration, or English language courses up to 11 months long.

General student visa (Tier 4)

The general student visa (Tier 4) is open to students of 16 years or older from outside of the EEA wishing to come to the UK for a higher education course of more than six months.

Child student visa (Tier 4)

The child student visa (Tier 4) is for students between four and 17 years from outside of the EEA wishing to come to the UK to attend an independent school.


Am I eligible for a UK Study Visa?


In order to be eligible for a UK study Visa, you will need to:

  • have been offered a place on a course in the UK with an education provider with a valid Tier 4 Sponsor License
  • have sufficient funds to support yourself without working or help from public funds, (or provide evidence that relatives and friends can support and house you)
  • show you can pay for your return or onward journey
  • If you are under 18, you must also have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK and have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK
  • Before applying for a UK Study Visa, it is important to wait until you have received your confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) first.

The Home Office provides a list of courses which are eligible for a Tier 4 Study Visa.

Education providers

Education providers offering places to students from outside of the EEA are required to hold a license to sponsor individuals under Tier 4. To be eligible, your institution will need to meet the criteria defined by the Home Office for Tier 4 sponsors. This involves proving that they can adhere to the record-keeping and reporting requirements of the Home Office, that the sponsor management system (SMS) will be updated, and suitable staff are available to administer the system and process.


Why should I engage AQ Archers to assist with my UK Study Visa application?

AQ Archers have considerable experience in helping education providers and students with Short-term and Tier 4 Study Visas. We have helped many providers to gain their license, and regain it if they lose it as a result of an error or compliance problem. We have an in-depth understanding of the policies and procedures followed by the UK Home Office for Study Visas and licenses, allowing us to quickly spot any possible areas of weakness in your application, and we will quickly advise you on the steps necessary to resolve them.

Our team are highly professional and take great care in their client’s immigration matters. You can be assured that by using our services, we will lift the burden of securing the necessary immigration clearance from your shoulders, allowing you to focus on your life, your family, and your studies.


Can AQ Archers assist with the refusal of a Study Visa or Tier 4 Sponsor License?

AQ Archers have assisted many applicants who have had their Study Visa applications refused, to secure a positive decision. Because our team have a forensic knowledge of the guidelines followed by Home Office case officers, we will focus in on the problem area/s, and recommend a plan of action to resolve the matter, whether this is in the form of a resubmitted application, appeal, Administrative Review, or a Judicial Review. In our experience, most adverse decisions are quickly overturned when we write to the Home Office to robustly challenge a decision made.


AQ Archers, based in London, can assist you with all aspects of obtaining ILR based on long residence for you and your family. To speak to one of our consultants, please call 020 8521 2605.

Our lawyers will also represent you in civil litigation cases such as divorce.